Flaming Pink say 'These are a fantastic pair of tri shorts, very comfortable, thick and water repellent, these are perfect for Sprint or Olympic distances. They have side pockets to put gels in. Wear these for training or competition - can be matched with the top for the perfect combination'
- Seven years worth of award winning reviews based on performance, comfort and value.
- Four pockets, comfort waistband, high quality pad and leg grippers.
- High-Tech water repellent coated fabrics which are fast, breathable and offer great coverage.
- New wider Italian leg grippers for evenly distributed pressure and comfort.
- Top quality triathlon pad for full comfort and support throughout.
- Stylish design and colour options.
The range features our highly rated water repellent Aquaflo fabric, combined with an ultra-soft and flexible mesh fabric for improved ventilation and styling. There is an abundance of new features to improve comfort and functionality further and we hope this range will create a benchmark in the industry for the performance and quality which can be achieved, whilst keeping to an entry/mid-range price point.
Not only do these garments perform brilliantly on the swim, cycle and run but they are also designed to look much more contemporary and stylish.
This new collection is an update on the long standing Aquaflo range which was a 3 X 'BEST BUY' award winner from 220 Triathlon magazine. The collection is designed to improve speed, endurance and comfort offering top of the range features without the top of the range price-point.
Lots of new features have been built into these shorts and you can feel the difference as soon as you put them on. They are supportive, comfortable and use a high-quality pad. This combined with top-end fabrics make them perfect for any Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon.
- Aquaflo™ is a fast and comfortable fabric. It is designed to give low levels of drag thanks to its water repellent Teflon coating. You will notice that when the fabric has water splashed on to it, it will bead up and flow straight off the suit. This hydrodynamic effect is maximised during the swim helping to achieve faster times. It also means less water is absorbed making the suit lighter and quicker to dry once on the bike. This is the effect which is maximised during the swim. It is made from Xtra-Life Lycra® which ensures great shape retention and comfort throughout the race. The main body of this range is made from a black or navy colour to ensure modesty and superior coverage.
- Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Aquaflo fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helps to improve endurance and stamina.
- Airflo is designed for optimum temperature control by allowing moisture to easily evaporate from the skin and help keep the body cool or warm depending on the conditions. The soft-touch feels extremely comfortable against the skin and the eyelet pattern also helps the fabric to dry very quickly after the swim.
- Super snug waistband - A 3.5cm elastic waistband has been added on to the shorts for an extremely comfortable and supportive fit. The shorts are designed to ensure nothing will be exposed whilst on the bike and a drawstring cord is added to accommodate a range of waist sizes and ensure optimum fit.
- Tri-lite pad: A female specific made to measure triathlon pad. Small and neatly positioned, the pad also features different thickness levels to ensure comfort and minimise any saddle pain. It is designed to minimise any water absorption and provide protection during the cycling phase, without impeding your swim or run. Also, new fine-line stitching to further reduce any irritation.
- Premium Italian leg grippers – New wider grippers give even pressure distribution and added comfort over the silicone style grippers. These are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run..
- New Pocket Design: Two carefully positioned streamlined pockets on each side of the leg to allow nutritional products or other race accessories to be stored and accessed with ease. One side has a full-size pocket and the other has two smaller sized pockets to accommodate different items.
- Rear Pocket: The shorts now have a new rear zipped pocket perfect for valuables or nutrition which need a more secure fit during the swim.
- Stylish Flat locked stitching – Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
The Women’s Aquaflo Plus Tri Shorts are perfect for any Sprint or Olympic distance race. Give them a try and you’ll soon notice that you've found the perfect balance between performance and comfort.
WHO ARE ZONE3?
From a single hot-desk at Loughborough University, Zone3 has grown organically to become Europe’s leading triathlon and swimwear brand. This has been achieved by a deep-rooted passion for endurance sports and ensuring that every product offers market leading performance, innovation and functionality. Zone3 employ the world’s most technically advanced materials throughout their range starting at their entry level all the way up to the ultra long distance suits.